The mission of the Kokkola Nature School is to support environmental education and sustainable development in our schools and kindergartens. We are a regional LYKE-verkoston kehittämiskeskus. Our goal is to offer positive experiences in nature, attract interest and increase responsibility towards the environment and other people.
Learning at the nature school is based on experiments and activities. Learning is based on our own experiences and observations, so we spend most of our days out in nature regardless of the season. The School has its own classroom and laboratory as well as three year-round employees
Kokkola Nature School was founded in 1992 and is one of the oldest nature schools in Finland. Our strength has always been to work together as well as our wonderful and diverse environment at Villa Elba.
We organize and offer:
- Nature School activities for elementary schools of Kokkola
- Circulating Nature School activities in Kruunupy, Larsmo, Pietarsaari, Pedersören and Uusikaarlepyy’s Swedish-speaking schools and Kindergartens
- Camp schools for school classes
- Day trips for school classes and daycare groups
- Training for those working in teaching and education
- We produce and lend educational materials for schools and kindergartens
- We are a regional Green Flag Promoter