Greener work in Villa Elba
Do you have a genuine interest in sustainable lifestyle, good IT-skills, and sufficient oral and written English skills? You might be the person we are looking for!
August 2022 or as agreed
Volunteer works at Youth Centre Villa Elba´s Nature School and Service department to develop and make sure the visibility of green values and sustainability in the activities. The volunteer takes part in daily tasks
- Help to create and build up sustainable and environmentally friendly programs, facilities and working methods
- Help to promote sustainable and Eco-friendly choices for our customers
- Help to build up a sustainable outdoor cafe for visitors
- Prepare, plan and lead nature- and environmental education and recreational activities for groups (children, youth, and adults)
- Help with maintenance of facilities and equipment’s
Working hours and holidays:
Weekly working hours are 35 hours. Mostly work is done from Monday to Friday in morning or evening shift, but work can also occur in weekends. Volunteer receives 2 holidays/ month.
Housing, food, and local transport:
Volunteer lives in a house in Villa Elba together with other volunteer(s) in shared bedroom. Volunteer gets one meal during working days, and food money to prepare other meals of the day. For local transport volunteer gets a bike, there is no public transport available.
The volunteer has the possibility to study Finnish by taking part in a language course organised by the local institute or by online courses.
Training and support:
All volunteers participate in a 6-day on arrival training currently organised at Youth Centre Villa Elba in Kokkola. Trainings are organised 4 times / year and volunteers participate in first possible training. Volunteers staying over 6 months also participates in a 3-day mid-term meeting, currently organised in Helsinki.
Each volunteer has a personal mentor that helps with settling into the new community, supports in difficult times and meets you regularly to discuss and reflect your learning successes and challenges.
Our former volunteers’ experiences: